KLM Spatial is an industry leading Surveying, Engineering and Town Planning firm which utilizes the latest technology and practices to offer you the best solution for your project.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), Remote Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) and Drones are another tool for KLM Spatial surveyors to measure and map sites.
Our in house expertise and in-depth experience in analogue and digital photogrammetry including its underlying principles, and application enables us to provide clients with data fit for purpose.
Aerial Survey data can be manipulated by our professional team to meet the needs of:
• Land Managers
• Town Planners
• Real Estate Agents
• Civil Contractors
KLM Spatial can assist throughout the entire aerial mapping processes which comprises of:
1. Planning: An initial consultation with one of our in house experts will determine if an Aerial Survey is appropriate and the best solution for your project.
2. Field Survey:
• Ground Control: Utilizing the latest GNSS/GPS technology our surveyors will place ground control marks on either your local site datum or Australian Height Datum (AHD) and Map Grid Australia (MGA). This is a critical step in insuring the highest possible accuracies are achieved.
3. Data Capture: Utilizing a UAV suitable for your sites conditions, the data will be captured at the appropriate altitude to insure that the required accuracies are achieved.
4. Post Processing: The pilot who flew your project will process the data utilizing appropriate software package. Typical output data will consist of:
• Rectified Ortho Aerial Photo in .tif format. KLM Spatial can issue other formats at request.
• 3D triangle file of the Digital Elevation Model (DEM) cleaned to suit the intended purpose in AutoCAD format.
• Plan of Aerial Survey comprising of contours, aerial photos, and VicMap boundaries in PDF and AutoCAD format.
• Volume Calculations at request.
Pursuant to regulation 101.335 of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulation 1998, KLM Spatial has a UAV Operators Certificate and all KLM Spatial Pilots have UAV Controller & Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificates.
KLM Spatial holds public liability insurance covering UAV use and Professional Indemnity Insurance. KLM Spatial maintains a quality management system and is certified under AS/NZS ISO 9001:2008.